Sunday, November 14, 2010

Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart. Anne Frank

As predicted, the Holocaust museum was pretty depressing. I think what gets me most, is so many people knew what was going on and did nothing. I think about this and how it still goes on all over the world. Much of the museum was in French so we did our best to infer what was what. Regardless, most of the message does not require words. Although we may have been able to take pictures, and some people were, it did not feel right, so we did not.

We wandered the Marais and had lunch/dinner at a hip little restaurant. I feel like I am constantly offending people with my lack of French. This is getting easier and a little less stressful day to day. I spilled water on my insomnia medication (EECK). This is no good for me. I had a little convo with a man at the Pharmacie and he gave me something that has "some punch." Bryan looked it up and got all wide eyed. I am sure I will be fine. As a lifelong insomniac, most medication doesn't work let alone work too much...Nonetheless, taking foreign medications is never travel advised but neither is not sleeping for several days. Paris is beautiful enough without the walls melting from lack of sleep. Sunday's are very quiet in our neighborhood so we have to keep it down. For the most part, this is a rather quiet city for being so large. I am not sure Americans have the ability to be this quiet?!

I think we are going to try to go to the catacombs again tomorrow. We have hit all of our high points, which is good being that we are halfway through our trip. Now we can do the ones we like again, shop for Parisian-Themed Christmas gifts, and wait for Una to join us.

And that's that.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the whole Anne Frank thing is a real weenie-shrinker. And I totally agree about getting stuck in Indiana. It almost always ends in tears. But hey, Coker looks hot in a beret. And my hair looks like I'm wearing a beret made of hair. Especially in the photo of the four of us at that hideous karaoke bar! Ha! I look like the Paris edition of a Rod Blagojevich doll! We miss you guys..and Paris! I want to come back!
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete